We focus our philanthropic efforts in these areas:
- Education – accredited colleges and universities.
- Community Betterment – community development, human services , and arts and culture
- Health – support healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of our local communities
Our efforts are focused in communities with major John Deere operating units and employee presence:
- Ontario: Grimsby, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara Area
- Saskatchewan: Regina
- Alberta: Edmonton
- British Columbia: Kamloops
Funds are not available for the following organizations or purposes:
- Individual initiatives
- Sports teams, racing teams, athletic endeavors or scholarships designated for athletes
- Faith-based organizations
- Political candidates, campaigns or organizations
- Private clubs, fraternities or sororities
- Other foundations for purposes of building endowment
- Initiatives supported by the government
Recipients of funding from the John Deere Foundation of Canada must be a registered charitable organization through Canada Revenue Agency. They must be located in Canada, and not administratively over-burdened. The Foundation supports programs that take a proactive approach toward addressing specific community needs, and offer opportunities for enriched life.
John Deere and the John Deere Foundation are transitioning to a new grants management system. Beginning 01 November 2016, John Deere Foundation grant and Deere & Company sponsorship requests will be by invitation only.