We focus our philanthropic efforts in these areas:
- Education – accredited colleges and universities.
- Community Betterment – community development, human services , and arts and culture
- Health – support healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of our local communities
Our efforts are focused in communities with major John Deere operating units and employee presence:
- Ontario: Grimsby, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara Area
- Saskatchewan: Regina
- Alberta: Edmonton
- British Columbia: Kamloops
Funds are not available for the following organizations or purposes:
- Individual initiatives
- Sports teams, racing teams, athletic endeavors or scholarships designated for athletes
- Faith-based organizations
- Political candidates, campaigns or organizations
- Private clubs, fraternities or sororities
- Other foundations for purposes of building endowment
- Initiatives supported by the government
Recipients of funding from the John Deere Foundation of Canada must be a registered charitable organization through Canada Revenue Agency. They must be located in Canada, and not administratively over-burdened. The Foundation supports programs that take a proactive approach toward addressing specific community needs, and offer opportunities for enriched life.
In Canada, our philanthropic support is organized in three main areas. To start the process, please choose the type of support from the options below. You'll be asked a few short questions to help determine eligibility. If it's not a fit, you'll know immediately. We will review all qualified inquiries.
Please note, we no longer respond to requests submitted through the mail.
John Deere Foundation Funding
Support for initiatives that create lasting impacts for communities served by the requesting organization
Funding eligibility questionnaire
Community Relations Contributions
Monetary donations, John Deere branded merchandise, and local sponsorships where John Deere has a major presence
Community relations eligibility questionnaire
National Corporate Sponsorships
Support for select national organizations, programs, and events
Sponsorship eligibility questionnaire
Amy Leavere, Communications Specialist
John Deere Canada ULC