6068HFG056.8L Generator Drive Engine
- PowerTech™ PVL
- Standby: 160-192 kW (215-257 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Prime: 146-175 kW (196-235 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Dual frequency available
- These engines use diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and selective catalaytic reduction (SCR) technology to meet Final Tier 4 emission regulations. They meet customer performance without the need for a diesel particulate filter (DPF).
- Heavy-duty components that are usually found in our larger engines are used throughout our generator drive engine line. Many of our DOC/SCR engines feature top-liner cooling, steel pistons, and variable-speed fan drives.
- Varies exhaust pressure based on load and speed to ensure proper EGR flow. The combination of the cooled EGR and VGT provide low-speed torque, quicker transient response, higher-peak torque, and world-class fuel economy.
- EGR cools and mixes measured amounts of cooled exhaust gas with incoming fresh air to lower peak combustion temperatures, thereby reducing NOx.
- The HPCR fuel system provides variable common-rail pressure, multiple injections, and higher injection pressures up to 2,500 bar (36,000 psi). It also controls fuel injection timing and provides precise control for the start, duration, and end of injection.
- The 4-valve cylinder head provides excellent airflow resulting in greater low-speed torque and better transient response time by utilizing a cross-flow design.
- This is the most efficient method of cooling intake air to help reduce engine emissions while maintaining low-speed torque, transient response time, and peak torque. It enables an engine to meet emissions regulations with better fuel economy and the lowest installed costs.
- Lower installed cost
- Mounting points are the same as previous engine models
- Enables low idle speed for reduced fuel consumption
- Enables switching between 1500 and 1800 RPM without reprogramming
- Single engine control unit (ECU) manages both the engine and the aftertreatment systems
- Premium software option integrates with equipment or vehicles to reduce engineering and installation costs
- Low idle speeds
- Dual frequency 1500/1800 rpm
- Glow plugs 500-hour oil change
- Self-adjusting poly-vee fan drive
- Optional factory installed variable-speed fan drive improves fuel economy and reduces noise levels
- RH and LH engine mounted fuel filters
- Replaceable (wet) cylinder liners
- Low-pressure fuel system with electrical transfer pump and "auto-prime" feature
Confidence is Built In
Backed by a powerful support network