High capacity mower deck (right front)
High capacity mower deck (left side)
High Capacity Mower Decks are a heavy-duty, 9-gauge, 0.15-in. (3.8-mm), stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Experience optimal performance and dispersion of clippings, even at faster mowing speeds:
- Deep-deck design throughout the entire deck shell provides optimum mowing, mulching, and bagging performance.
- Optional MulchControl™ attachment provides superior mulching performance and versatility (not available on 48HC decks).
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance.
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut.
- Adjustable mower wheels positioned just above ground level help smooth out the mowing job.
Z530R and Z545R ZTrak™ Mowers are equipped with a 48-in. (122-cm), 54-in. (137-cm), or 60-in. (152-cm) High Capacity Mower Deck.
|High Capacity Mower Deck size
||Material collection (optional)
|48 in. (122 cm)
||Dedicated mulching system
||6.5-bu (230-L) two-bag Power Flow™ system
|54 in. (137 cm)
||6.5-bu (230-L) two-bag Power Flow system
|60 in. (152 cm)
Deep deck design
Deep, flat-top deck (front view)
Deep, flat-top deck (left front view)
The mower deck has a deep-deck design:
- Constructed from heavy, 9-gauge, 0.15-in. (3.8-mm) steel
- Minimizes the number of welds required
- Has a smooth underside for reduced material buildup
- Deep-deck design delivers excellent airflow so large volumes of material can be processed quickly and efficiently.
- A wider and higher discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
- A durable, plastic deflector spreads grass clippings evenly across the lawn, is hinged, and can be raised to minimize the storage space required.
- 1-in. (25.4-mm) cold-forged spindles are heat-treated for strength and are supported by ball bearings.
- Standard front rollers and two double-captured wheels provide a more even mowing job and reduce the chance of scalping.
- Adjustable for different mowing heights
- The front edge is raised above the blade plane to allow for even cutting of tall grass.
- Blade overlap is greater than many conventional decks for a clean cut.
- The mower can side-discharge, mulch, or collect material.
Mower level adjustment
Mower level adjusting points
- Deck leveling and rake angle adjustment is provided at all four mower mounting points.
Reinforced leading edge
Reinforced leading edge of mower deck
Trim side of mower reinforcement/wear bar
Steel reinforcing bars are welded to the front edge and trim side of the mower deck:
- Strengthens the deck to reduce chance of damage from obstructions
- Increased material thickness for longer deck life
Superior durability is designed in
Deep mower deck spindle pocket with flip-up spindle cover
The deck has deep, strong spindle pockets to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough operation:
- Ribs formed in the deck shell add strength where needed.
- The aluminum spindle housing has an 8-in. (20-cm) base for extra strength.
Flip-up spindle covers make cleaning the spindle area convenient.
Wheels and rollers
Right and left mower anti-scalp wheel and center rollers
Dual-captured side anti-scalp wheels and front rollers:
- Give a more even mowing job and reduce the chance of scalping
- Wheels are adjustable for different mowing heights
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one-third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn cleanup is desired
Optional MulchControl™ attachment
MulchControl with baffle closed
MulchControl with baffle open
The MulchControl attachment makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer required
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- Mulching blades to give a more complete mulching job are included.
- The left mower blade area is completely enclosed and optimized for mulching and will mulch even when the mower is in the side-discharge mode.
- Baffles around the center and right blades are optimized for mulching when the discharge baffle is closed.
- A MulchControl kit is not available for 48HC mower decks.
MulchControl handle (standard with MulchControl)
The optional MulchControl attachment comes with a handle on top of the mower deck that is used to open and close the discharge baffle:
- The operator is required to get off of the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa with the hand lever takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side-discharge or bagging when needed.
||6.5 bu (230 L)
| Hopper top
||High impact polypropylene
| Blower housing
||Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene
||Directly into bags for emptying on ground or in trailer or into plastic liners
||13 in. (33 cm)
||2.75 in. (7 cm)
|Number of fan blades
NOTE: MulchControl attachments and MCS components are not included in base equipment for a Z500 Series machine and must be ordered separately.
Optional 6.5-bu (229-L) ZTrak Z500 Series material collection system (MCS) (not available for 60-in. [152-cm] High Capacity Mower Deck)
Rear bagger (right-rear view)
Rear bagger (right-front view)
The 6.5-bu (230-L) rear bagger efficiently collects material from a 48- or 54-in. (122- or 137-cm) Mower Deck:
- Hopper and included attachment bar/bumper, Power Flow blower, and chute components are ordered separately to make a complete MCS.
- A weight bracket is included for installation on the front of the vehicle to help counterbalance the weight of the hopper. For proper ballast with complete MCS:
- Four weights are required on a ZTrak Z500 Series equipped with a 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck.
- Three weights are required on a ZTrak Z500 Series equipped with a 54-in. (137-cm) Mower Deck.
Removing bag from 6.5-bu (230-L) hopper
Removing bag from 6.5-bu (230-L) hopper
The hopper design provides efficient bagging performance, clean operation, and easy-to-empty bags:
- Two durable bags give a generous, 6.5-bu (230-L) capacity.
- The bags lift out for easy emptying.
- An efficient chute provides a smooth flow of material to reduce the chance of plugging.
- The chute and Power Flow blower must be ordered separately.
- Standard mower blades are used for bagging.
- The air exhaust duct directs air from the hopper back and toward the ground for clean operation.
- Convenient latch makes opening and closing the hopper easy.
NOTE: Appropriate hopper with included attachment bar, Power Flow blower, chute and weights are required and ordered separately.