News Releases August 05, 2021
John Deere introduces new 6120EH Tractor for high-clearance, low-speed applications
- High clearance protects yields and quality in high-value crops
- Creeper transmission matches field speed needed for harvesting crews
OLATHE, Kan. (Aug. 5, 2021) — John Deere has added the 6120EH Tractor to its lineup to meet the needs of high-value crop growers who require high clearance and reduced speeds to match the speed of field workers.
"High-value crop production requires the ability to pull implements and conduct harvesting operations over rows of varying widths without damaging the crop," said Dennis Ogle, marketing manager for John Deere. "The 6120EH provides up to 30 inches of drawbar ground clearance to avoid damaging the plant or roots during applications such as cultivating, spraying, transplanting and harvest."
In addition, specialty operations that include vegetables and fruit farms demand extra-slow tractor speeds that traditional transmissions may not be able to attain.
New features on the 6120EH include:
- High-crop axle maximum clearance of 33 inches
- Multiple tread spacings of 72, 76, 80 or 84 inches
- Creeper transmission minimum of .14 mph at rated engine speed
- LED lighting package
- Precision ag components (John Deere AutoTrac™ Universal 300, 4240 Universal Display, StarFire™ 6000 Receiver and JDLink™)
- Less drawbar and draft link option
"Input costs for growing high-value crops continue to rise each year," Ogle said. "The 6120EH, with its high clearance, helps protect crops and maximize production and quality on every acre, while also improving harvesting efficiency."
About Deere & Company
Deere & Company (www.JohnDeere.ca) is a world leader in providing advanced products, technology and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction — those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure.