WATERLOO, Iowa (March 4, 2014) – To meet increasingly stringent off-highway diesel engine emissions regulations, John Deere has systematically adopted technologies to meet each regulatory Tier. For Final Tier 4/Stage IV, John Deere continued with its planned approach by developing the Integrated Emissions Control system, which encompasses a variety of aftertreatment and emissions-reduction component combinations. Integrated Emissions Control system technology configurations are tailored to meet regulations and customer needs in each power range.
Integrated Emissions Control System
John Deere is offering three Integrated Emissions Control system configurations for Final Tier 4/Stage IV:
- For the 36 to 55 kW (48 to 74 hp) power range, John Deere is offering engine models using an exhaust filter that contains a diesel oxidation catalyst/diesel particulate filter (DOC/DPF) without cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) or selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
- In the 56 to 104 kW (75 to 140 hp) power category, the PowerTech™ PWL 4.5L engine is equipped with an Integrated Emissions Control system configured with cooled EGR, a DOC and SCR.
- Engines in the 93 kW (125 hp) and above power range will feature an Integrated Emissions Control system consisting of cooled EGR, a DOC/DPF and SCR.
All John Deere Integrated Emissions Control systems are exclusively designed to meet the specific demands of off-highway applications in the given power categories. Regardless of power range and Integrated Emissions Control system configuration, John Deere engines offer responsive performance, reliable uptime and a low cost of operation.
Final Tier 4/Stage IV Technology Platforms
John Deere is offering four technology platforms for Final Tier 4/Stage IV:
- PowerTech EWX: Provides a compact, powerful and cost-effective solution. Available with 2.9L and 4.5L models, the platform has a wastegated turbocharger and an Integrated Emissions Control system consisting of a DOC/DPF.
- PowerTech PWL: Offers efficiency, performance and simplicity. The PWL 4.5L engine features a wastegated turbocharger and an Integrated Emissions Control system configured with cooled EGR, a DOC and SCR.
- PowerTech PVS: Delivers more power, torque and fluid economy. Available with a 6.8L displacement, PVS technology features variable geometry turbocharging and an Integrated Emissions Control system consisting of cooled EGR, a DOC/DPF and SCR.
- PowerTech PSS: Features superior power density, performance and fluid efficiency. Available with 4.5L, 6.8L, 9.0L and 13.5L models, PSS technology consists of series turbochargers and an Integrated Emissions Control system of cooled EGR, a DOC/DPF and SCR.
Final Tier 4/Stage IV Lineup
Models and power ratings for the complete John Deere Final Tier 4/Stage IV lineup include:
- PowerTech EWX 2.9L: 36 to 55 kW (48 to 74 hp)
- PowerTech EWX 4.5L: 55 kW (74 hp)
- PowerTech PWL 4.5L: 63 to 104 kW (85 to 140 hp)
- PowerTech PSS 4.5L: 93 to 129 kW (125 to 173 hp)
- PowerTech PVS 6.8L: 104 to 187 kW (140 to 250 hp)
- PowerTech PSS 6.8L: 168 to 224 kW (225 to 300 hp)
- PowerTech PSS 9.0L: 187 to 317 kW (250 to 425 hp)
- PowerTech PSS 13.5L: 309 to 448 kW (414 to 600 hp)
About Deere & Company
Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) is a world leader in providing advanced products and services and is committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land — those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. John Deere Power Systems manufactures and markets 30 kW to 448 kW (40 hp to 600 hp) industrial diesel engines and 56 kW to 559 kW (75 hp to 750 hp) marine diesel engines, as well as drivetrain components for use in a variety of off-highway applications. For more information, visit John Deere Power Systems at www.JohnDeere.ca/jdpower.