/ HarvestLab™ and Constituent Sensing
John Deere HarvestLab™ and Constituent Sensing
See All Features
- Measure organic material on-the-go, in the cab, or with a portable stationary unit
- Help reduce the high cost of feed by maximizing nutrient potential
- No in-field calibrations required
- Immediate results … no bottlenecks at the lab
Locate Your Dealer
John Deere HavestLab™ and Constituent Sensing
Now, beef and dairy producers can determine corn silage nutrient quality to get the most out of their feed, and ultimately, increase production.
John Deere HarvestLab™ Constituent Sensing lets you determine the content of several quality parameters simultaneously in various crops and organic material. Using corn silage as an example, you can measure the content of:
• Moisture/dry matter
• NDF/ADF (Fiber)
HarvestLab uses Near Infrared Technology to determine the constituent characteristics. The device is mounted on John Deere Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters and has proven to be highly reliable under tough field conditions. Or, you can disconnect it from the SPFH and use it as a stationary unit to evaluate silage nutrient quality at feeding time.
This real-time nutrient analysis lets you quickly analyze feed rations for crude protein, fiber, and other factors, and make adjustments on a daily basis to improve nutrition and reduce feed variability.
HarvestLab also enables more precise application of silage inoculants at harvest time because rates can be adjusted according to crop sugar and dry matter readings. The result? Higher quality silage with greater feed value and less spoilage.
- Buying or selling ensiled crop with the incorrect moisture content can bring big problems to your operation. Calculate the possible dollar error this may bring with the Feed Value ROI Calculator.
- Waiting hours or even days to get an accurate moisture reading of your silage can quickly take away from your bottom line. See how much is lost with the Productivity Loss Calculator.
- Miscalculating forage moisture and feeding your cows incorrect amounts can lead to decreased milk production or excess feed costs. Determine just how much this can affect your operation with the Milk Loss/Feed Cost ROI Calculator.
CONTACT A DEALER FOR SUPPORT
Your local John Deere dealer is the best resource for support of your John Deere equipment.
Find a DealerFind a Dealer
We strive to ensure that John Deere products are of exceptional quality. Safety is our top priority.
View Safety Information
JOHN DEERE DOWNLOAD CENTER
The Download Center is an Online Repository that allows you to quickly locate the documents to help support your needs, including User Manuals, Release Notes, and more.
Visit Download CenterVisit Download Center
SPECIAL OFFERS NATIONAL (Except Québec)
180 Days No-Payments/No-Interest (NPNI) followed by 19.75% APR ²† on John Deere Ag Management Solutions. †For complete details regarding this offer, please select the corresponding link.
03 August 2016 - 31 January 2017
You May Also Be Interested In...
Product features are based on published information at the time of publication. Product features are subject to change without notice. Contact your local dealer for more information.