6068HFG946.8L Generator Drive Engine
- PowerTech™ PVX
- Standby: 150-180 kW (201-241 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Prime: 136-164 kW (182-220 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- The HPCR fuel system provides variable common–rail pressure and higher injection pressures up to 1,975 bar (29,000 psi). It also controls fuel injection timing and provides precise control for the start, duration, and end of injection.
- The 4–valve cylinder head provides excellent airflow by utilizing a cross–flow design.
- EGR cools and mixes measured amounts of cooled exhaust gas with incoming fresh air to lower peak combustion temperatures, thereby reducing NOx
- Varies exhaust pressure based on load and speed to ensure proper EGR flow. The combination of the cooled EGR and VGT provide low–speed torque, quicker transient response, higher–peak torque, and world–class fuel economy.
- These engines utilize an exhaust filter that contains a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and a diesel particulate filter (DPF). The DOC reacts with exhaust gases to reduce carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and some particulate matter (PM). The downstream DPF traps and holds the remaining PM. Trapped particles are oxidized within the DPF through a cleaning process called passive regeneration. Passive regeneration occurs during normal operating conditions when heat from the exhaust stream and catalysts the DOC within the exhaust filter trigger the oxidation of the trapped PM. If passive regeneration cannot be achieved due to temperature, load, or speed, then PM is removed using active regeneration — an automatic cleaning process controlled by the exhaust temperature management system.
- This is the most efficient method of cooling intake air to help reduce engine emissions. It enables an engine to meet emissions regulations with better fuel economy and the lowest installed costs.
- Faster engine control unit (ECU) manages both the engine and the exhaust filter
- Full authority electronic controls
- Four times the memory, twice the RAM, and double the processing speed
- Input/output capability has increased 40%.
- Compact size: lower installed cost
- Mounting points are the same as previous engine models
- Glow plugs
- 500–hour oil change
- Self–adjusting poly–vee fan drive
- Variable–speed fan drive increases fuel economy and decreases noise levels
- R.H. and L.H. engine-mounted final fuel filters
- Aluminum piston with integrated oil cooled gallery
- Low–pressure fuel system with electrical transfer pump and "auto–prime" feature.
Confidence is Built In
Backed by a powerful support network